This spectacular 224-acre Rainforest and Ocean View Retreat is located on the Pacific side of the Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica’s wildest and most spectacular region. This property is one of a kind and operates as an ecolodge and holistic retreat. A true gem and the Crown Jewel of the Osa! Situated right on the coast, this end-of-the-road destination is, in all aspects, the land of enchantment, where the mountain rainforest meets the ocean, offering stunning ocean and forest views and miles of deserted tropical beaches. And the abundant wildlife here will make you think you’re in a National Geographic special where sightings of exotic species are a daily experience, including the highest concentration of Scarlet Macaws worldwide. There is nothing like it in all of Costa Rica. Simply spectacular!
Zoning: The property is part of the Saimiri Wildlife Refuge, named after an endemic species of white face monkeys. The refuge was created in 2007 with six neighboring properties to ensure conservation and sustainable development, allowing only low-impact touristic type projects under the guidelines of the Refuge Management Plan. This area is part of an important biological corridor within walking distance of Corcovado National Park, Costa Rica’s most famous and diverse protected area.
The Land: Undulating topography from sea level to over 400 feet with several oceanview sites suitable for future development, including an amazing site along a low ridge that parallels the coastline with a 360-degree view. The interior section is a bowl-shaped valley also well suited for low-impact development. The back end of the land lends best to eco-farming/permaculture. Otherwise, the landscape consists mostly of primary forest, tropical landscaping, and mature fruit forest.
Access: By land: about an hour’s drive along the all-weather road from Puerto Jimenez, the gateway to Corcovado National Park. By air: fly in and out by charter plane from the paved airstrip adjacent to the property – you can even build your own private hanger right on the property!
A few highlights
- 11,400 square feet of construction: Reception building and large yoga deck overlooking the forest canopy and ocean – main building with restaurant/bar. 7 bungalows and 7 tent platforms will host up to 32 visitors plus separate quarters for 8-12 staff. Auxiliary buildings: workshop, laundry room, storage, chicken coop, etc.
- 5 natural springs – water concession approved with 1600 gallons of storage
- Off-Grid / Solar and hydropower
- 120 species of tropical fruit trees + 7 types of bamboo, 25 species of palms, 14 varieties of banana, food crops, herbs, medicinal plants, and many native species of hardwoods. Over a thousand trees have been planted.
- Biodiversity + Location: Besides the world-renowned fame for being one of the most biodiversity places on earth, the abundance and quality of water sources, dense rainforest, topographical features, and coastal location make for the Perfect Jungle Spa Resort / private retreat.
- Pre-Approved environmental viability study: This is an added value! A huge advantage to jumpstart expansion of the lodging facilities should a new owner choose to carry it out in 2023.
This is a rare opportunity to become a steward of a unique and amazing place. The possibilities are endless. Contact us now to view this Spectacular 224 Acre Rainforest and Ocean View Retreat for sale.