6 BR Dominical Wellness Retreat Center on 13 Acres for sale. The Waterfall Villas is a wellness retreat dedicated to promoting a healthy lifestyle through detox techniques such as a juice cleanse, raw and vegan foods for clean consumption, Spa treatments to remove stress and blocks in the body, Yoga, and meditation for spiritual wellbeing. The retreat has been in operation since Dec 2008.
Construction of the Waterfall Villas was initiated in 2006. The Retreat was built using a distinct Balinese style combining the Balinese family compound and temple architectures with the use of construction Feng Shui (Larry Sang’s American Institute of Feng Shui in Los Angeles, CA) in the design of a unique energy space along a private waterfall – Cascadas Farallas.
Waterfall Villas is on a 13-acre property, the buildings include 3 Villas with 2 separate rentable rooms each on the second floor of the building. The first floor is partially open and has the reception area, kitchen, dining areas, and relaxation area.
The relaxation area is connected to a wooden deck and stairs to reach the Yoga platform along a lit trail. There are also several decks along the Cascadas Farallas waterfall.
The Spa is a separate building that has 2 treatment areas, 2 bathrooms, and a shower. The Spa treatments offered are traditional bodywork, Reiki, and Ayurveda Shirodhara with Abhyanga massage.
- The property is located next to a well-maintained road that connects to the beach town of Dominical 3 miles away, and the Pacific Highway. This Costanera Highway 34 is the major road to the airport in San Jose, a 2.5-hour drive from Dominical.
- The Waterfall Villas has created a significant “goodwill” value in the business over the last 10 years of operations, with good standing in the community, in the web presence, with Online travel agents, and direct SEO results.
- The Waterfall Villas has 7 employees, and the owner/ president is the primary person assigned for all the operations management, marketing, sales, and reservations.
- The business model of a Wellness Retreat Center has been proven financially viable with $400K gross income in 2018 for 6 rooms at the Waterfall Villas. However, the financial success is limited by the number of rooms that can be sold, and the income at this capacity does not allow for the owner to hire additional management at the going local salary for an exceptionally qualified hotel manager – normally managing a 25-room hotel.
- The Waterfall Villas receives many requests for large groups and weddings; however, the current situation does not have the capacity to fulfill such requests. The area of Dominical, in general, is under expansion during 2019.
- The proposed expansion allows larger groups to attend the Waterfall Villas with additional healing programs, and more amenities designed to attract more people to a wellness lifestyle, and other healing modalities such as Ayurveda.
- A few infrastructure investments and the hiring of additional staff would need to be made to support the expansion of rooms, and for additional persons – up to 100 persons.
- The Waterfall Villas Spa is built to full compliance for disabled persons in Costa Rica, and the Spa is considered a designated 7th This compliance allows the Waterfall Villas to have a business license to operate 25 rooms. This license has been renewed in 2018 for another 5 years.
- Two phases are proposed to expand the rooms, first an expansion of 18 rooms to get to the current license level, and then 25 more rooms (one which needs to be for a disabled person) for a total of 50 rooms. This can be done almost in parallel with the proper project planning during the construction phase. During this phase, new staff can be hired and trained.
- Properties on both sides of the Waterfall Villas have been sold to private homes which are distanced from each other. No private home is next to the border of the property. This allows the construction to come close to the border of the property without creating any disturbances.
- To preserve the natural setting, the topmost elevated area of the property which affords the best views of the river Baru should be developed in such a way that less land as possible is used for the rooms. This will also give a wide area of rainforest in-between with trails that can be used for walking and meditation.
- Also, a mixed development with houses is a commercial opportunity.
Contact me now to view this 6 BR Dominical Wellness Retreat Center on 13 Acres for sale.